How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12092
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My grandson was charged with domestic breach of the peace

This answer was rated:

My grandson was charged with domestic breach of the peace relating to his ex partner over access at Christmas with his daughter she is now saying he cannot have his daughter which up to now he has been having her 2 or 3 days a week and 1 overnight she has said that police have told her that Kiyl my grandson has not to have contact with her or his daughter which he doesn't i pick her up and drop her off except when she is on overnight when she goes to my grandsons flat to pick up there daughter and this is where argument started,can the police say this Regards ***** ***** XX

Thank you for your question.
No, the police cant say this. The issue of contact to a child is a civil matter either payments or by virtue of a court order. The police have no right to tell a parent whether or not they can see his child. That the mother is refusing contact, he will have to go to a solicitor to take the matter to court and obtain a contact order.
In respect that there are many cases at Christmas time, your grandson should do this immediately.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you