How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

i went to court on 10 june and was granted a divorce by judge.

Customer Question

i went to court on 10 june and was granted a divorce by judge. however i rec'd a letter 2 weeks later to say because we hadnt been married for 2 years the divorce could not go ahead and i would have to reapply in august past when 2 years had past. i paid mysolicitor over £2000 for the divorce in june and a furthet£500 for it to be heard again in august which never happened as my ex husband has not gone into solicitors office to sign new papers. have i the right to request my money back as i believe i paid for aservice i still havent rec'd to no fault of my own. my solicitor knew date i had got married before i went to court in august as he holds the marriage certificate. i feel that the court and my solicitor are at fault and im being caused unnecessary stress as a result. im i right in wanting my money back so i can go
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Which part of the Uk are you in and what ground was used for the divorce?