How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my son is 16 years old and 6 months he will be 17 next June. he

This answer was rated:

my son is 16 years old and 6 months he will be 17 next June.
he is causing a lot of trouble and lately people started to knock at my door looking for him.
my wife (his mother is scared because of that and i have a 7 years old in the house as well and i started to fear for his safety.
i asked my son (the troubled one) to leave can i go to court and diminish responsibility for him.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that there is no Court action you will take and you will remain legally responsible for the child until he is 18.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi and thank you for the answer.

what can i do i have fear for my family's safety

Do you mean that your son is violent towards you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


it is just i can not control his action from lies and he is sexually very high and he does not think of his mum or his little brother or any regards ***** ***** one

Is he personally a threat to you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Then there is no Court Order you can take out against him I am afraid.
You can certainly seek assistance from Social Services if you have problems in controlling your son - or finance alternative accommodation for him
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do you mean by "finance alternative accommodation"?
Your son cannot rent a property in his own name so if you are anxious to force him to leave you could find him somewhere else to live and fund it
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you