How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I no longer live in the marital home, he wants to move his

This answer was rated:

I no longer live in the marital home, he wants to move his girlfriend in, my name is ***** ***** the deeds can he do this
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just want to know if he can move in his girlfriend?
If you are not living there and he is then yes he is entitled to have a guest move in and stay if he so wishes.
However if your children are also living there then clearly if the relationship is very new or the girlfriend is a risk to the children then you can reasonable object to it.
Equally if his partner moves in it is reasonable to expect to receive your share of the equity in the property sooner rather than later
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you