How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi im a farther to a six month old boy ! Four months into the

Customer Question

Hi im a farther to a six month old boy ! Four months into the pregnacy the mother told me she did not want to be with me ! It messed me up and I did a few stupid things like I tryed to take the baby when he was young and the police where called but my ex did not press charges and iv constantly texed and called her to try to sort things I even went to her works once because somone told me she was seeing her boss but again I never did anything and left ! She has said iv harassed her , and she is worried ill kick off , my head has been all over the place ! The thing is I was seeing my son Saturdays all day and 3 hours on a sunday last week we where arguing over somthing and she told me she had been seeing somone else so I left work and went to talk too her ! It got heated but we argued and I left ! , now shes saying im only alowed to see my son for 3 hours on sat mornings ! And has been saying she dose not want me in the house , and on Christmas day I can only see him for a few hours ! What are my rights as a farther over access to our son and is there a law that states how much time separated parents can spend with there child on Christmas day and about how offen im alowed to have him over a weekend
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Where does contact take place at the moment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At my exs place , she has said she dont want me there and is worried but if she was that worried she would not let me there at all ! Iv asked her that 3 hours is not alot off time to boned with my son as hes 6 months iv said I could take him for a few hours but hes funny in the car seat and really needs one person carming him whist I drive , I said ill get a cab or park my car up and get on a bus but shes not moving

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im a farther off a six month old son and 4 and a half months into the pregnancy the mother told me she did not want a realationship ! I was deverstated ! Iv done some stupid things like I tryed to f

take the baby when he was young out off my exs house iv texed and called her lots off times to try to make her change her mined and went to her works because somone told me she was seeing her boss ! I was seeing my son saturdays all day and sunday for 3 hours , last week she told me she was seeing someone and I went to the house to talk to her ! I never went in we argued over the phone but I left , now she is saying I can only have 3 hours on a sat and saying things about a contact centre because she has said she dose not want me in the house ! Olso christmas day I can only spend a few hours with him in the morning ! What are my rights in regards ***** ***** ? I would like to see him more I even said id take him but hes funny in the car seat and needs somone to carm him what sort off acess rights do I have

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I never got a answer from you last night ?

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Mt apologies for the delay
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
Contact in your ex's home is not good for any of you and it is time for it to move away from there.
Since it sounds as though you have not yet had the chance to have your baby on your own away from his home using the Contact Centre as a starting point is indeed a good idea and it can build up from a few hours there to taking him out (you will learn to cope) and having him for the whole day.
At this point an offer of three hours in her home on Christmas day is well worth taking as you will not get a court hearing before then
The starting point is to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family Mediation ( to see if an agreement can be reached - if that fails then you can apply to the courts for a Child Arrangement Order
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer , what are the contact centres like ? Iv done a few things because im hurt over the break up but im not a bad father ! Do people watch you ? And maybe your right about trying to go somewhere else apart from her home ! As its as hard for me to go there as it is her having me there! and i look at a bed I once slept in ! And a place that was my home !I still have feelings for her and I just want her the be fair about seing julien ! I cant even say shes a bad mother because she has a 9 year old she brought up on her own ,

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
They are all different as different volunteers run them.
There are toys and activities and often a coffee bar.
There will be at least three volunteers - possibly more - but they are not there to watch - they are there to make sure that everything goes smoothly and you enjoy your contact