How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35050
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

HiI have been sent a consent form by caf cass to give my

This answer was rated:

Hi I have been sent a consent form by caf cass to give my permision for them to access police, local authority records i have no problem with them looking at my police records my question is is this just police records or does it give them permission also to pry into my medical history or any councelling i may have received

also i assume if i deny this it will mean a court order may be made thus delaying me seeing my daughter further
 and making me seem obstructive

as i have said not worried about police, just dont want them prying into my medical records

Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does the form refer to medical records?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it just says access to "police, local authority" i assume this means police only not medical s services hospital councelling etc


Then no signing it will not allow them to access your medical records.
You would need to sign a separate and specific consent for that
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you