How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I was granted a decree nisi 14 years ago but did not get the

This answer was rated:

I was granted a decree nisi 14 years ago but did not get the decree absolute we have been parted for 15 years do I still require the absolute am I still married
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Unless the Decree Absolute has been granted then you are indeed still married to your ex and you will need to apply for it now if your ex has not done so.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you, ***** ***** all those years were do I apply? I beleave that the only reason that it was not finalized is that she did not want to part with the fee at the time I think about £30.


Your starting point is to check that there has not been a Decree Absolute using the form here
If there has not been then you need to apply for it using the form here
This will have to be supported by a statement confirming that you did not resume cohabitation and there have been no further children.