How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

1./if I am successful with an injunction to remove ex out of

Customer Question

1./if I am successful with an injunction to remove ex out of house, is it legal to apply for tax credits (as his name is ***** ***** mortgage, and will remain on the mortgage until house is sold, for instance if a court order is in place (using child law showing his verbally abusive behaviour as detrimental to their emotional wellbeing) to allow myself and the girls to remain in the house until youngest has left school?
2./If a court order is in place as above, can I change my mind and sell for instance if I need to move for schools or job?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you married to your ex and how old are the children?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Can you afford to pay the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have already done this with one of your experts but if u cannot access,not married, finished 2012, cohabiting since then, unpredictable verbal abuse, my final straw summer 2014, moved out sept 19th to rental in nearby town, by using tax credits and housing benefit. currently parttime re my youngest, 23 hours a week, gross currently 25,000 a year. mortgage too big, at 190,000. have been paying interest on;y. girls are 9 and 14. now feel clear that in addition to moving out, I now need to try for the house so that youngest can stay at same school and so they both still have their house. This year tried to do mediation, tried to get him out etc etc, verbal rude reply from him at every request to change living arrange,ments. was left with no option but to move out as my anxiety levels too high.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
For clarity then - you are no longer living in the house - you and the children live elsewhere.
You wish to return to the property until your youngest is 18