Hi clare I wanted to ask you, if I'm earning £4000 net per

Customer Question

Hi clare
I wanted to ask you, if I’m earning £4000 net per month but have few properties and some extra savings in my bank account. How the CSA will calculate the child support I will have to pay(me and the mother are not and never been married) .
Is that going to be base on my weekly earnings only? Thanks for your help
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The Maintenance will be assessed on your gross income to start with - so just from your employment.
However if your ex applies for a Variation then any dividends and rental income will be included I am afraid.
You can read more here
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks clare,

just to understand.. there is no limit for the child support payment? if I'm earning £4000 from my employment and another let say £10,000 from my properties is the child support payment ca be so high?

there is no point/amount when it will stop?

The upper limit is £3,000 a WEEK.
After that the parent with care can apply to the court to top up child maintenance