How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi clare I wanted to ask you, if I'm earning £4000 net per

Customer Question

Hi clare
I wanted to ask you, if I’m earning £4000 net per month but have few properties and some extra savings in my bank account. How the CSA will calculate the child support I will have to pay(me and the mother are not and never been married) .
Is that going to be base on my weekly earnings only? Thanks for your help
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The Maintenance will be assessed on your gross income to start with - so just from your employment.
However if your ex applies for a Variation then any dividends and rental income will be included I am afraid.
You can read more here
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks clare,

just to understand.. there is no limit for the child support payment? if I'm earning £4000 from my employment and another let say £10,000 from my properties is the child support payment ca be so high?

there is no point/amount when it will stop?

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
The upper limit is £3,000 a WEEK.
After that the parent with care can apply to the court to top up child maintenance