How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34894
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

clare, i asked a q yesterday about my ex-wife's solicitors

This answer was rated:

clare, i asked a q yesterday about my ex-wife's solicitors who have asked for the bank statements of my girlfriend because I transfered some monies there. You explained that I cannot be compelled to hand these over.
IF they ask the court, how is the judge likely to react?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You do not have the statements so cannot produce them
Your girlfriend cannot be forced to produce them.
The Judge will simply assume that you have something to hide and rule accordingly
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you