How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35069
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

There is a hearing next Monday. My ex partner refuse to attend.

This answer was rated:

There is a hearing next Monday. My ex partner refuse to attend. What should I do?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** *****
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Have you arranged for the papers to be personally served on your ex?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello, Clare. Thank you for your help. I mad served since the time is limited. They suggested me to email all the documents. I emailed him the document on Friday evening and submit the copy to him today when he visit the child. When he left today. He said he need to work he do not attend the hearing. It is not necessary to do this...he said the reason why he do this is because I do not negotiation. He want to take the 17month baby away from me for 2 weeks in January I did not agreed so I can not go anywhere overseas.
If he does not attend then you will need to prove that he has seen the paperwork, it will then be up to the court whether or not to go ahead in his absence.
I assume that you have only asked for permission to go to Norway for a week - if so then there is a reasonable chance that you will be successful
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes,it is for go to Norway for a week. I sent all the paper works to him by email before the time I should sent. I have evidence of sent from my iPad and should i print that out?
Yes print that out.
Also take with you evidence that your mother is in hospital
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you