How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a daughter from a one night stand,I have no proof she

This answer was rated:

I have a daughter from a one night stand,I have no proof she is mine and my name is ***** ***** the birth certificate.I pay an agreed amount between us each month and have a verbal agreement on when I can see her but at least 1 out of 3 times I go round they are not home and she never let's me know also she won't let me have her myself I always have to go to her place,what can I do?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child and how often have you seen her in the last three months?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare
She is 7 months old and I would say I have seen her about a dozen times 30-40 minute visits
How sure are you that the child is actually yours?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think she is mine but couldn't be totally sure.
The law says that a child entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
Your current contact is not acceptable as it needs to be regular - and away from the mother and her home - with a local contact centre being a good starting point
In order to change the current arrangements the starting point is to try and discuss matters with the mother using Family mediation
If that fails then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out when you see the child
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you