How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

hello, my wife and i are currently separated pending divorce,

This answer was rated:

hello, my wife and i are currently separated pending divorce, we are being very adult about it all as we have 2 children 10yo and 8yo and we want to be as amicable as possible, at this stage, we intend to go to mediation to sort some things out. Can you tell me can we have a mutual agreement on seeing the children jointly without any award of court i.e being awarded the children? if its mutual that the children are shared as andwhenand agreed through mediation then would any maintenence payments Trough CSA be forced on one or the other parent.
Kind regards
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
If the children spend more nights a week/month/year with one parent the the other parent is liable to pay child maintenance - but this can be paid at as agreed between you both - the CMS (new CSA) does not have to be involved at all.
If the time is shared equally between you the no child maintenance is payable.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you