How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I've just read your reply I'm not happy I've had that flat

Customer Question

I've just read your reply I'm not happy I've had that flat for 4 yrs. She's come along made false allegations for a UK visa taken over my flat with my property in it. What about me. I'm the victim. She can claim the matrimonial home.the tenancy is due to be renewed next month I'm not signing it gonna hand the keys to the landlord and live somewhere else can I do that
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I appreciate that you are not happy with the situation you find yourself in.
however the way forward if you wish to keep your home is to start the divorce proceedings as soon as possible.
Within these you can ask for an Order that you be allowed to keep the tenancy - if not then yes you can give notice to terminate the tenancy if you prefer - but you will be liable for the costs if she does not leave and the landlord has to evict her