How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

At what age of a child can a mother be made to stop sleeping

Customer Question

At what age of a child can a mother be made to stop sleeping with their son
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
There is no age limit which says a child can't sleep with his mother as there is no law which says so.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
There are two issues here.
The question of the contact the father has with the child and the emotional safety of the child.
I note that Social Services are already involved so you are aware that there is considerable concern about the sleeping arrangements
At 8 your nephew is not old enough to chose whether or not he has contact with his father, and the fact that the child has behavioural problems and your brother knows that he still shares a bed with his mother is something that he needs to discuss with social services and consider the possibility of an application for the children to live with him.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply, Ipswich Social Services are useless they say that the child has its own bed so that is good enough, as one great legal mind said "the law is an ###", so perhaps there needs to be a new law to protect these young children.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Whilst Social services may see no reason to take action that does not mean that your brother cannot consider applying for a Child Arrangement Order stating what time the child should spend with him - and such an Order can be enforced