How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My daughter has

Customer Question

My daughter has a boy friend that stayed over night every other weekend. He had told me and my wife that he wants to marry our daughter. But when my daughter became pregnant, he did not do the right thing, our daughter unfortunately lost the pregnancy before three months. I therefore decide to ask him in the presence of his relatives not visit with an intention of staying over night. But he said that our daughter did not want his family to know that he was pregnant. I insisted that he should not stay over night at our home which infuriated our daughter. My wife also feel uncomfortable, thinking that our daughter's boyfriend should still visit and stay over if he so desired. Now as parents we disagree. Would I be legally within my rights to take out an injunction against my daughter's boyfriend preventing him from staying over night in any part of my house, and at the same time indicate that if my wife accepts him staying over night, she should in the first instance buy me out of our current marital home?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
May I ask which part of the Uk you are in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your indication that you require additional information. No, I have decided to terminate my contact with Just Answer. I have seen a local solicitor. Thank you.