How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35047
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have now received the Questionnaire re my form E2 from my

This answer was rated:

I have now received the Questionnaire re my form E2 from my ex-wife's solicitors. In case there are items that I do not think are relevant to the case at hand, how and when do `i bring that to the attention of the court?
In particular:
- bank statements from the period prior to the consent agreement and decree absolute
- enquiries as to the purpose of certain tranfers made from my capital assets (the issue at stake is income)
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
At the first hearing the Judge will go through the questions and you can tell the Judge which ones you object to and why
The Capital question will still have to be answered I am afraid as it will still be viewed as having relevance to your financial position
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is your view on their request to have bank statements from the period prior to even the erstwhile consent agreement and the decree absolute ? This is way outside the six month history that is part of E2

It is an arguable point - I would be interested in hearing their justification HOWEVER the fact that you are trying to change the agreement so soon after the order was made could be sufficient to make it relevant - although that is stretching it a little
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you