How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

i think my wife is going to falsly accuse me of domestic

Customer Question

I think my wife is going to falsly accuse me of domestic abuse to gain custody of our children during a divorce. Is ther anything i can do to protect myself.

Had police here tonight after she called them to kick me out of house

She said i was threatening her but that was not true. Never laid a finger on her never would but really worried she sees this a way to gain custody of house and children.


Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your question.
Your wife would need to convince a Court that you had behaved abusively, which they will not do without evidence. Your best bet is to ensure that you behave politely around her, regardless of the provocation from her.
Is there something in particular that she will accuse you of?