How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

After getting out of an abusive violent relationship in 1995,

Customer Question

After getting out of an abusive violent relationship in 1995, my twin boy and girl aged 4 at the time remained in contact with their father, however his violent behaviour was then used on my son, causing a lot of trauma for both of them, I took the decision to keep them out of this position. My children are now 22 an they've have had no contact with their father an the rest of his family since, unfortunately threats an messages have now started after all this time about what they're going to do to them, although both now are big enough to sort this out I just want to know if there's something I can legally do to keep this spiralling out of control
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You need to encourage your children to not respond to the messages in any way and to report the harassment to the Police who can then issue a warning - and if necessary take the matter to court
I am sorry not to be able to offer anything more positive for you to do
Please ask if you need further details