How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

what happens if a 15 yr old wants a change to live with the

This answer was rated:

what happens if a 15 yr old wants a change to live with the other parent?
Thank you for your question.
In Scotland, children adulthood at the age of 16 for most purposes. For that reason it's very u likely, and I may say almost unheard of, that a court would make any order contrary to the wishes of the child.
In other words the child can as good make up his or her own mind who he or she wants to stay with.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you