How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my daughter has a son who will be 6 in march CSA have just

This answer was rated:

my daughter has a son who will be 6 in march CSA have just managed to organise a payment scheme for her X partner to pay from source ie: the company he works for. he as never paid any maintence regarding his son except a small period of time when he was on job seekers totalling £5 per week. Now they have located him he as sent threating txts regarding will take her son away from her if she does nt stop CSA she as contacted the police and they have given him a verbal warning that he his not to contact her again at the present time also his mother as been saying verbal abuse over the phone to my daughter that if she does nt give up the claim their will be consequences my daughter as got in touch with a solicitor and they are going to forward a letter to her partner you will know better as the contents of the letter will be I can also confirm that my grandson's father hardly ever see him ie:. when it suits the last time he saw him was Sept of last year my daughter does nt want to stop contact but at present is afraid to let him out of her sight she will agree to visit but under her roof can I ask is there any more that we can do and are we proceeding correctly. Many Thanks

Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
has her ex actually asked for Contact with the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. all he's been threating his he will take him away from my daughter if she does'nt cancel CSA he as not asked [ he wants to see his son or when can he see his son not even asked about when he could give any christmas presents . prev to the start of this he as not even asked my daughter what to get my grandson for christmas as had no contact with my grandson since Sept 30th prev to that was in Aug after I took my daughter and grandson on holiday beginning of Aug didnt give him any spending money for his holiday or his other grandparent all they seem to be worried about is the CSA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have just spoke to my daughter the threats that he as made is that you won't win and that he will have my grandson this after nearly 5 years and he did ask after threats when can I see my son at the present time my daughter will not let my grandson out of her sight as she is frightened that if he takes him he will not let back home all he is doing is using my grandson as a pawn he as said in txts this does nt have to happen if she stops CSA

Is the father named on the Birth Certificate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes im afraid so. he as never had regular contact with his son only when it suits

Has he actively threatened to take the child from her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my daughter as had a visit from the towns child centre they had a report but of course we do not know who this would have been the end of Nov they came looked round my daughters home nothing was wrong they were very happy with the outcome and asked my daughter if anyone may have had a grievance with her she said she did nt know of anyone and also asked if my grandson's father had much to do with him my daughter said not much and had no financial help from him since she left him when my grandson was 7mts old. 1-2wks later my daughter started getting nasty txts regarding CSA and threats of social services (the child centre is part of social services) My daughter spoke her to the person who visited on the phone she put it down to her X trying to put pressure on my daughter to give up CSA my daughter was advise to carry on. this is when the threats of social services and he would get consent from my grandson for him to live with is father also thro his mother she asked if her son could pick him up to visit my daughter replied that she was quite willing for her son to see his father but not to take him away and to see him in my daughters home. but only response that my daughter as had is to give up the claim for CSA we will not let the little one go anywhere without is mother with him as I had prev had this done to me with my son his father took him away for a weekend and would'nt bring him back and there was nothing I could do to get him back he used my son as a bargaining tool for me to go back to him which I did till at such time my children were alot older and understood better that their father was an alcholic.

Please tell your daughter not to worry
If her ex did remove the child from her care she would be able to make an immediate application to the court for an Order for his return.
In the meantime she should offer to discuss contact with her ex using Family mediation
and offer contact at a local contact centre where she can know the child will be safe but she does not have to be present
If he actually threatens to take the child from her care she can make an urgent application to the court for a Child Arrangement Order stating that the child lives with her - but she should not apply unless there is a real risk.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im not happy with the idea of a contact centre we have been told that it is possible that his father could walk out with my daughter's son as at the present time he as still got PR and no one would be able to stop him is this correct

Contact Centres are safe and secure places and represent the best option for your daughter
If he was foolish enough to try and remove the child from the Centre then he would have ensured that any future contact would take place in supervised conditions for which he would have to pay.