How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34887
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband owns a property in the Uk, it is in his name only,

This answer was rated:

My husband owns a property in the Uk, it is in his name only, he wishes to put my name on the dees so the house would be owned jointly, there is no morgage on the house, can he put my name on the deeds ?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Since there is no mortgage there should be little difficulty in transferring the property into joint names.
There will be Land Registry fees to pay - but if the property is already Registered the process will be relatively easy
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you