How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

there, I am in battle with my ex wife over the child contact

This answer was rated:

there, I am in battle with my ex wife over the child contact order 23 months old of son.
Family support worker and social worker recommended in her report there should be no further contact with child at this time because the child was to emotionally distress and not in the best interest of child to continue with contact with me at this stage until 3 years.
The child is too emotionally attached his to mother, however if mother is present during contact session the child is fine but mother refuse to do that.
The magistrate Judge favour it and refused the contact order until he's abit older and banned me from further application.
Do I have the right to appeal this decision whether i can succeed in an appeal.

Thank you question.
My name is ***** *****
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the Order made?
How long have you been banned from making a further application for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just last week,

banned from 18 months.

Did you ask to appeal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I didn't ask.

What evidence was given at the trial?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Soical worker and family worker gave evidance

Did you and your ex give evidence?
Were you able to Cross examine the Workers?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I and my wife did not give evidances however my barrister briefly cross examine the workers.

Does your Barrister believe that there are grounds appeal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He's not too sure, because he's not very experience in family law

I am sorry - are you saying that he did not have any experience of such work?
May I ask why you chose him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The claimed he had family experience but it turns out he didn't, hence the cheap rates he charged. So I was mislead. Now I don't trust his directions.

Why did you and your ex not give evidence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It wasn't required and judge didn't say so

It was your application - why did your Barrister not wish you to give evidence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm not sure why, what evidence can I give apart from written statements.

You are going to have to make an application to appeal
You will need grounds on which to appeal - other than the fact that your Barrister was not very good.
The reasons refusal of contact are arguable and you may well be able to challenge them
You will however need to get some face to face advice from an experienced barrister
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok will the other side contest the appeal, also my wife was covered by legal aid,will she continue to receive legal aid to contest the appeal. If I lose the appeal would I responsible side legal cost
Do you know any good appeal family barristers

She will get Legal Aid to deal with the Appeal - which will no doubt be contested
You may be liable
This Chambers may be able to assist
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Could you tell me how much is the court fee to make an appeal application

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can this fee be exempted?

If you are eligible remission then yes