How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband and I are at the progress of divorcing. I am currently

This answer was rated:

My husband and I are at the progress of divorcing. I am currently run off money and I am not able to work since looking after my baby son full time. Although I own a flat which in my sole name and that been calculate as matrimonial property. If my family or friend up to invest on me with a big amount of money now. Will that be matrimonial property as well?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What woudl the money be used for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Childcare, legal fees, maintenance mainly, maybe property for investment.
If you are lent money to help with bills then that is fine - but giving you money to invest in property is unwise as it may well effect the eventual financial outcome
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you