How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35068
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

there my ex is on the birth certificate

This answer was rated:

hi there my name is hannah
my ex is on the birth certificate and he is now seeing our child fortnightly but does he have any rights to know where we live?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Has there been a history of Domestic violence at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
May I ask why you do not want him to know where you live?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He can become a title obsessive and I'm not happy about him just turning up
I am afraid that he is entitled to know where the child is living - and if he applies to the court then it is likely that you will be ordered to give him the address UNLESS you have evidence that he is some way poses a risk to you.
I am sorry - I know that this is not what you wished to hear - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you