13262538

If I am the legal guardian of my son, because his Mother agreed

If I am the legal guardian of my son, because his Mother agreed to this in Court when she decided to leave the family home, am I legally allowed to ask him to leave my home because of his intolerable behaviour? He is 17, but will be 18 next month, and still in full time education.

Thank you question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes you can ask him to leave - but you will remain financially responsible until he finishes secondary education
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does that mean I have to provide him with accommodation separate from my own?

No - it means that if he goes to live with some one they can claim child maintenance from you