How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12196
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am divorced and have minimal contact with my family. Can

This answer was rated:

I am divorced and have minimal contact with my family. Can I stipulate in my will that my partner does NOT inform my family if I die?
Thank you question.
Yes, you can make such a request in your will in the same way you can request whether to be buried or cremated or choose music funeral. Your executors are under a duty to try to ensure that as far as is reasonable your wishes are followed.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.
JGM and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you prompt answer. I have read some disturbing reviews where people have said they have continued to be charged. I trust this will not happen ?

I am an expert on this site and am not wholly familiar with the customer side of it but as I understand it you either pay on a case by case basis or you sign up subscription which gives you unlimited access to the experts so it depends how you have signed up.