How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My partner and I were in a relationship years , in those

Customer Question

My partner and I were in a relationship years , in those years we brought a house in joint names but now have split up are children are all over 18 and are working what are the legal rights on splitting the assets from the house as we were not married , and 7 years ago her farther gave her 34k towards an extension on the house of Which see said was part of her inheritance
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The property was valued at 250k and I payed off the mortgage a year ago my partner did not pay anything to the mortgage event how it was koint
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

How much was the mortgage?