How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Can I please have some advice. My ex husband and I are joint

Customer Question

Can I please have some advice. My ex husband and I are joint tenants of our flat since 2000. 2007 he walked out I was told he was in America. Since his walk out he has not contributed at all to the property and prior to leaving he didn't either. I am wanting to me and I have asked him to sign over the tenancy to me. He is refusing I sent the form to sign over the tenancy. He has given me a wrong address on purpose I only have a mobile number . What can I do. He is purposely keeping me captive.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was your Decree Absolute granted and why do you need the Transfer now?