How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

, Me ex lives in the UK,(he's not a british citizen) i live

This answer was rated:

Me ex lives in the UK,(he's not a british citizen) i live in canada he been harassing me a year now, between 60 to sometimes 120 calls a day, text messages , calling me names, threatening my kids, and just recently he added 2 females to his sick games, doing the same thing to me ...words cannot describe the hell I go through everyday..all because I don't want him anymore.. I can't take it anymore. please tell me what can I do?

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How did he find your new number- is it always phone contact?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we were engaged years, so when i ended he did not stop calling, i changed both numbers, he manged to get it through mutual friends...I need to know what to do, it's not about the phone, I need to do something, I can't take anymore. I am a canadian citizen, My question is can i charge him criminally , me living in canada and he;s living in the UK?

Have you reported the matter to the police in either country?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


that's my question, can I report him in the UK? Do I have legal right to report him there? again I don't live there , he does..I live in canada

I do understand that.
I would suggest that you report in Canada first as ideally they should liaise with the Uk police on the matter.
At the same time you shoudl report the matter to the police in the UK in the area in which your ex lives
Obviously the distance will be a major problem so before you start get evidence from your phone provider of the extent of the problem so that this can be sent to the police.
I will admit that this will not be straightforward - but that does not mean you should not try.
Ask if you can speak to the UK police via Skype as this will be a more effective interview
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you