How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35050
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My child's father is no longer playing a role in his life.

Customer Question

My child's father is no longer playing a role in his life. His name is ***** ***** birth certificate. I want to have make sure that we equal access. i.e he has him 50% of the time. how do i go about enforcing this through court.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is he paying maintenance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No he isn't. We had a mutual understanding that it was more important to have a relationship with our son. As he has other children abroad that he is struggle to look after financially

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry but you cannot force him to have the child at all - let alone 50% of the time - there is no Court application that you can make to achieve this.
You best option is to apply maintenance so that you have funds to pay child care - not great but sadly the only option available to you
Please ask if you need further details