How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34887
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Divorced couple - house still jointly owned - can one party

Customer Question

Divorced couple - house still jointly owned - can one party prevent the other from inviting a person into the home in the former's absence and spending the night there against the former's clearly articulated wishes? Can the invitee be sued or something else or is there no remedy?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

Thank you question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Either party is entitled to have guests at the property - including those who may spend the night. So long as the party who issues the invitation is present then that is all that is necessary.
If at any point the guest is in the property with only the OTHER party and the guest is asked to leave then he or she must do do
I am sorry - I suspect that this is not what you wished to hear - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are right Clare it is not what I was hoping for, but thanks clarification in any event.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

You are welcome - and I am sorry