How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my ex wife wont let me see my children it has been 14moths

This answer was rated:

my ex wife wont let me see my children it has been 14months now , she has stated that the 1 st child is my fathers and the 3 rd child is the guy she had an affair with to which is still with , how do i get dna done to find out what on earth has gone on , she wont let any one know were she is living and just gives out a mobil number to my parents who are seeing the children behind my back on school holidays ,i ve challenge my father about this and he wont deny or admit anything , i need to know if they are mine , or how do i remove my name from birth certificate I have even contacted the jeremy kyle show but because of the chidrens ages ie not babies they wont do dna as it would have to explained what is happening , please help .  .

Thank you question.
My name is ***** *****
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and when did you and your ex separate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hayden dob is 10.6.06

lilly dob is 8.2.09

emily dob feb 2012 i was not allowed to know about this one she had already left, she left when she was 7 months pregnant told me she was going o her mums brake then a week later called to say she was not coming back and neither were the children, they had gone from cornwall to london so made it very hard ,

she left 26 sept 2010.

we were divorced feb 2012 , and i ve been trying to sort out contact but has been such an effort with her , the last time i saw 2 oldest children was aug 2013 i had them weeks in the summer holidays , during this time lilly turned up very poorly so had to take her to hospital she has a chest infection , perfirated ear drum and an awful case of worms, hayden came out with so disdurbing thinks ie being smacked locked in his bed room and watching the step dad swing the baby by the arm and smack her , they also have to stay in bedroom all days on sundays as its mummy and toms day the boyfriend ,i explained that is serious and would he like to talkto a police man to wich he did along with sociall services it was investigated and they were concerned as they could see hyden was not lying or doing it , the children went home and that was it no more contact with the children she phone and gave abuse and several times stated that these children were not mine and that she has had sex with my father, she has moved and i cannot find out were the children are , nothing ,my mother fatherwill not disclose anything they are frightened that this secret has come out as my father is a proud old fashioned cornish man , please help ,

What action did Social services actually take regarding these serious issues?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont Know as that was it no more contact every time i called she would put the phone down , mum called and as so as i spoke ex took phone off children and phone down again , this carried on then i gave up i had a complete brake down councilling and was put on anti depressants , now that my health is better i want to find out the truth sake of the children and my state of mind ,

The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
Your starting point is to apply to the court Child Arrangement Order setting out what contact you have with the children.
You do this using the form here
You will also need to ask the Court to Order the DWP to release your ex's address TO THE COURT (not you)
The case will then be transferred to the court nearest your ex and a sate will be sent first hearing.
At that hearing you can ask testing - provided you can afford it
You should also phone Social Services and ask explanation of what their investigations showed in 2013.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you