How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Im a widow in receipt of widows allowance, and have dated a

Customer Question

Im a widow in receipt of widows allowance, and have dated a guy a few times who lives fifty miles away.Im hoping we might live together at some point in the future as we are both quite keen, although its only early days. He has his own house and I have mine, so Im not sure who would move in with who.
Obviously I would notify the agency if there were to be a change in circumstances. My question to you is, would I simply notify them of a change in circumstances and they cancel my payment, or would we both have to fill forms in stating when where etc.
The reason question is because, he is currently going through a troublesome divorce, which could drag on. Shes finding it hard to let go and he's not wanting to upset her any more than necessary.
Kindest regards
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question .
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish to continue to search to assist you or would you like to close your question at this time?
Thank you patience,
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

Thank you question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Since you are the one receiving the allowance then you are the only one who would have to fill in any forms!
A word of caution however - if his ex is problematic I would try and delay any change in your living arrangements until their financial matters have been resolved
Please ask if you need further details