How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I would like to petition my wife divorce, I have a

Customer Question

I would like to petition my wife divorce, I have a photo copy of the marriage certificate which she gave me, we were married in Milan Italy. The marriage was never registered here in the UK although we have both have lived here since our wedding. My wife still has an Italian passport and is an Italian citizen. Please could you advise what is required to proceed. Regards ***** *****

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.
and thanks question.
I need a bit more information to be able to answer:
Is your marriage recognised as a valid marriage in Italy?
How long have you been married?
How long have you lived in the UK since your marriage?
I'm assuming that you're a British citizen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes its recognised as a valid marriage in Italy

I was married in Sept 1991

We have lived in the UK since the marriage

Yes I'm a UK citizen

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I responded to your questions and have waited reply and your final answer, but as yet nothing.