How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35068
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How quickly can child access being organised legally during

This answer was rated:

How quickly can child access being organised legally during the ending of a marriage?

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child and how far apart are the parents on how the care should be shared
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The parents are married and the husband wants to end their relationship. There are two children aged 3 and 18 months. The mother has stated that if he leaves she will do everything she can to keep the children away from him. He is a very involved Father and does a great deal children. Is a parental responsibility order the right next step ?
Thank you

In fact he already has Parental Responsibility children by virtue of being name don their birth certificates
This means that he has the right to be consulted on all major issue sin their lives.
In addition the law says that children should have contact with both parents - and the courts will enforce this if necessary
The starting point is matter to be discussed using Family mediation to see if an agreement can be reached
If that fails then it may be necessary to apply to the court Child Arrangement Order setting out what time he spends with the children
The Court application will take between one and three months on average
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you