How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34907
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

CSA - My partner pays CSA. We have spoke about living together

This answer was rated:

CSA - My partner pays CSA. We have spoke about living together but I need to know if my income, house and savings would be taken into account. His divorce was through 2 years ago but they didn't settle their finances e.g. pensions. If he moves in his name will not be on any e.g. bills, mortgage etc. Where do I stand in this? Thank you

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is there a property or anything else that needs to be resolved between your partner and his ex?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


No all that was done its just pension.

Thank you

You have nothing to worry about so far as the CSA are concerned as your income is not relevant (and neither are your assets)
However if their financial matters have not been fully resolved then potentially your financial position could mean that your ex gets a less advantageous settlement if the matter goes to court.
This does not mean that your ex has any claim on your assets - just that your partners needs will be seen a less
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you