How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

there I have a question regarding varying a consent order.

Customer Question

I have a question regarding varying a consent order. The facts are as follows:
My husband was previously married years and got the Decree Absolute in Sept 2013.
He has 2 sons, now age 10 and 6, and was ordered to pay child maintenance and spousal maintenance, as his ex wife had given up work when the eldest son was 2.
Ex wife returned to work full time in March 2014.
Spousal maintenance was payable years should taper after 3 - it was not written into the order how the tapering would work.
We got married six months ago, in case that is relevant.
My husband wants to go to court to stop or reduce the spousal maintenance now that his ex is working.
Do you think that he will succeed in reducing or stopping the spousal maintenance?
Thank you very much help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is the exact wording of the order regarding spouse maintenance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


I don't have it here, as I am at work, but I can answer your question properly when I get home. Would that be OK?

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

That is fine - add it when you can