How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35071
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I'm making an Application to remove and take my childre

Customer Question

I'm making an Application to remove and take my children home to the US with me. Their father (also American) will dispute it.
I represent myself. We have a court date on Feb 11 on other children's matters. Our CAFCASS guardian has suggested I file the Application to remove before the 11th and "have it joined to matters on the 11th and ask the judge to give direction on that day"
Questions are:
1. When I take the application to court to file it this week, how do I make sure it gets joined to the hearing on the 11th of Feb?
2. Do I use form C100?
3. Do the exhibits have to accompany the Application on the day I file it?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

Thank you question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The form you need is a form C1 available here
When you send the forms in you should also send a letter requesting that the matter be linked with the ongoing matter - and quote the Case Number.
You do not have to put in the dossier at the same time - but it would be a good idea to put it in before the hearing
You can read more here
Please ask if you need further details