How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

if the csa have re assessed you,re child maitenence after

Customer Question

Hi if the csa have re assessed you,re child maitenence after a relationship break up and written to you with new payment to be changed by bank direct debits to which you completely comly with and also re phoned later to cmfirm thatthe amounts changed are correct to which they say are. then weeks later they call to say you are in arrears as payments were wrong surely you are not accountable for this but they are and have no right to ask you to pay up. where do i stand please as have proof in writting and recorded calls. thankyou.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Sadly they can indeed make you pay up BUT since the error was theirs you can negotiate a reasonable payment rate in respect of the accrued arrears rather than automatically accepting the repayment rate they are looking for
Please ask if you need further details