How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am separated from my husband. We agreed joint custody for

This answer was rated:

I am separated from my husband. We agreed joint custody for our 3 children (straight 50/50). My eldest son, who is 17 says he wants to spend more time with me while his father is having major building works done to his house so that has the appropriate environment to do his studying). However his father won't allow him because of our agreement and will allow no flexibility. I obviously support my son and want our agreement to temporarily change. My ex won't budge which I think is totally unfair. What does my son need to do?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
At 17 it is up to your son where he wishes to live and with whom
If your son moves to live with you full time then there is nothing his father could do to prevent it
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you