How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34911
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex is refusing to let me know his address but wants the

This answer was rated:

My ex is refusing to let me know his address but wants the children overnight,do i have a right to refuse him to have them?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and what has the pattern of contact been to date?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My children are 3 and 17 months,my partner left last month and had contact with them through visiting my house,he recently got his own place so i suggested he could start having them but only if i new where he lived.
He has refused to tell me and doesnt understand that with the children been so young i want to know they are in a safe environmemt.
Where do i stand with this?
Thanks Hannah
Your ex i snot being reasonable
If he wishes to have the children overnight then you are entitled to know where they will be - if only so that you know whether or not to panic of you hear of a disaster anywhere
You should offer to discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you