How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My grandmother left her house to her son and in trust

Customer Question

My grandmother left her house to her son and in trust for her four grandchildren of which I am one.Her daughter my mother was to live in it but because she was an alcoholic it her way of protecting it. My uncle gave his half to my mother. My brother a solicitor did not put half in trust for us but signed it over to her.My mother has died and now as a result Inheritance tax is due. How do I stand?My grandmother died in 1992.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the property worth and what other assets are there?
Why did your brother ignore the Will?