How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35068
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

, I was married years and I separated from my husband

This answer was rated:

Hi, I was married for 24 years and I separated from my husband 2 years 5 months ago. Our children are all over 18 and we did not own our own property. I want a divorce and he will not contest it. How difficult will it be and how much will it cost. Many thanks Alison Eblett
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
As a starting point ask your ex to confirm in writing that he will agree to a divorce based on the fact that you have lived apart for more than two years.
Once you have that you can go ahead and issue the Petition - details here
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you