How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have been left a share in my moms house in her will. (split

Customer Question

I have been left a share in my moms house in her will. (split between my sister brother and me) My sister is now living there and denying me acccess to the house. Is there anything I can do. She has changed all of the bills into her name. Can I get her to leave the property.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Was your sister living there prior to your mother's death?
Has Probate been granted?
Who are the Executors of the Will?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My sister was staying there on a temp basis while waiting for her divorce however didi not contribute anything to the house. My brother is the exceutor of the will and has put it up for sale. Also they have thrown away a lot of the items in the house as there is a skip outside. Unfortunately I have no idea about probabe as haveasked and he refuses to tell me. It has been applied for about a month ago.Last time I went ino the house my sister attacked me and dragged me across the room by my hairl

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
So your brother is the Executor of the Will and he has agreed to your sister living there for now?