How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

A judgement ( child maintenance)from Belgium courts via Royal

This answer was rated:

A judgement ( child maintenance)from Belgium courts via Royal courts
Of justice was served on me in 'absentia! It was stamped served
is this lawful
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How did you actually receive it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good morning
It was left in my letterbox with the word served stamped on the document
I was not present when it was served.
Then yes I am afraid that that does amount to service assuming that you are Registered at that address
I am sorry - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Finally in what situation would it be deemed that the notice was incorrectly served at my registered address.. E.g incorrect name etc
If you could prove that you had moved prior to the Notice being served then that service would not be good.
Having said that there is no advantage to you in delaying dealing with the matter as the arrears will be accruing daily in any event
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you