How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My problem is a little complicated,This is Kassie Chen

Customer Question

My problem is a little complicated,
This is Kassie Chen I am Chinese and have ILR in the UK (Indefinate leave to remain visa) and I have got registered marriage in the UK in Sep. 2014 with a Chinese national, Mr. Ning Lei whom later obtained spouse Visa.Mr. Ning Lei was inter company transfered into UK for a year, during his stay in the UK in 2014, we met and spent 5 months together, living in his company rent property. He then went back to China to apply for the spouse visa, I then left his place and went back to live at my rented apartment.
After registered marriage we realize we do not get along with each other (he is selfish and care too much about his own interest, he is not violent to me, but a kind of cold violent which every time when he is not happy about me, he vanish without any contact, from time to time), we decide to divorce. My problem is:
1, Is it better to notify the home office to curtail his visa, as he resides in China, although he has got the visa to come, I do not want him to come with spouse visa as I won't be with him anymore and won't live with him;
2, My major concern is property I am buying. There is a property currently building and will be completed and ready to live in April. 2015. I am not entitled to make full payment until the next month (April.2015). The majority money of buying the property was sent from my parents, they are Chinese national and live in China. The property is currently under my name . The remaining is a mortgage I applied from HSBC of 95000 pounds. I made deposit of the property in Dec. 2013 and got contract exchanged in early 2014. The two important buying procedures were done before I even met Mr. Ning Lei. From we met till we decided to break up, he did not contribute a penny into the property.
I have heard that in marital status he has a right a claim share of marital assets. I am very worried about it. We do not have any shared assets yet, the property was an investment my parents and I made. Therefore I really do not want to make it at risk.
Please give me some advise. And if you are based in London, I would like to have a consultation to discuss the issue.
Thank you very much.
Ms. Kassie Chen
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your relationship is a short one and there has been no financial relationship at all.\On that basis your husband will have no claim on your assets - nor you on his.
You can apply for a divorce here in the Uk as soon as you have been married for a year if you base it on his Unreasonable Behaviour or Adultery,
It would be wise to notify the Border Agency that the relationship has indeed broken down
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details