How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Clare, I am going through a infidelity split and I have

Customer Question

Hi Clare, I am going through a infidelity split and I have decided that I am not able to accept or deal with it. Problem is we have children and joint morgages on two properties. I have asked him to leave and he refuses, stating that I should be the one to leave.
As I only work part time I can not afford to take on the mortgage of this home, but my concern is that I will have to move to the other home with is 20 miles away from the childrens school and I will incur additional travel cost which will make our living tight. Is he suppose to provide some finacial assistance for us , and will I still be liable for the Mortgage on the other home as would he on the home we move too?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have you lived together and how old are the children?
How much are the houses worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgages?