How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been separated 6 and a half years, how do

Customer Question

I have been separated for roughly 6 and a half years, how do I proceed to divorce my wife?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you know where your ex lives and do you have a copy of the marriage certificate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes to both questions

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
In that case you can issue a divorce petition based on the fact that you have lived apart for more than five years
The process is explained here
Please ask for any further details that you need