How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35067
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am currently scheduled to attend an FDR regarding a variance

This answer was rated:

I am currently scheduled to attend an FDR regarding a variance application. However, my ex-wife's lawyers just send me an extensive list of followup questions to the Replies to Questionnaire. They are so extensive that it makes it difficult to have negotiation discussions before the FDR
Can I unilaterally apply to the court to reschedule the FDR?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You can certainly make the application - but there will have to be a hearing unless your ex agrees to the adjournment
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What happens if I need to make a business trip abroad?

Then again you will have to apply to the court for an adjournment and if your ex does not agree there will have to be a hearing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, so this applies even to a dispute resolution meeting?

It applies to any court hearing date you wish to change
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you